Thursday, May 11, 2006

5/11/06 - I can't believe that it's been over a YEAR since I last posted...well, I guess that's what getting knocked up & having a kid will do to one's free time. BUT my daughter is a gem, so I wouldn't have it any other way ;-).

Evening dining has become a thing of the past now (she sleeps early), so I'm all about the breakfast meal. Lately, I've been having a good run of luck with Cafe on Park (on Park Blvd. between University & Robinson). The cornmeal & honey pancakes are Yum-E, and the scrambles are pretty damn good as well (though I don't go for them as much as sometimes they have ludicrously large slices of onion in them). Prices run less than $15 for a meal + coffee, and sometimes the wait can take awhile. However, they have rotating artists on display, so it's a good place to get a meal and a dose of cultcha'.

Coffee there is fine, but for someting better just walk your feet south on Park about 1/2 block to a coffee house called....hmmm, the name escapes me. Anyhow, it's near a dog & cat wash store, so you can't miss it. The atmosphere is mellow, and there's free cards, chess, Life, etc etc to while away the time if you don't have a paper, book, or are attached to your damn cell phone speaking oh-so-loudly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home